If you plan to be a Watch D.O.G., go on a field trip, volunteer in the classroom, or work with students, you must complete the online application AND receive approval. Online Volunteer Application.
Some helpful tips to remember when submitting your volunteer application:
- Please complete entire form.
- Select the school(s) where you would like to volunteer (you can choose more than one school).
- Please make sure that you click the SUBMIT button.
Thank you in advance for going through this process. We look forward to you volunteering at our school!
Math SuperStars (MSS) is a voluntary 20 week-long math enrichment program sponsored by the Patsy Sommer Elementary PTA. We will celebrate with 53% of our Sommer Stallions (560 students) who completed the program at our EOP (End of Program) Celebration on Wednesday, May 25th!
Check out our new website for details!
“Like” our page on Facebook for updates about our program.
Beginning January 5, new attendance guidelines will be in effect.
1. In Round Rock ISD, the only excused absences will be personal illness, a death in the family, or a school-related absence.
2. Any other absences, such as family vacation, will now be “unexcused.”
3. Parents are asked to send a note within 48 hours of the child’s return to school stating the reason for the absence. Without the parent note, or without a valid reason, the absence is marked “unexcused.”
4. If there are three unexcused absences within a four-week period, a letter will be sent from the school, and the principal or assistant principal will contact the parent/guardian to develop a student attendance plan.
5. If there are seven unexcused absences in a six-month period, the plan will be revisited by a team of people including the parent, the district attendance officer and additional school staff.
6. If there are ten unexcused absences within a six-month period, a letter will be sent from the district attendance officer and additional steps will be considered, including whether the case should be filed in truancy court.
Regular attendance is the law, and is important to success in school. If you are planning an extended trip, please make an appointment to meet with Mrs. Wafford or Mrs. Varljen to discuss the attendance policies as they relate to your child. In addition, it is not only important that children attend school, but also that they are present in class, ready to learn, by the time the second bell rings at 7:45. Beginning January 5, tardies will be counted and will have appropriate consequences. Complete information will be shared when we return in January. We truly appreciate your support in the education of your children!
Whether your child is transferring to our school from another school district, changing schools within Round Rock ISD, or starting school for the first time, visit the district’s Registration page to find useful information.
<< swipe for more articles >>
Hours of Operation
Students: 7:40 a.m. to 2:50 p.m.
Office: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.