Please read the links & to the end! (I’m making up for missing one last week!) 😉
It has been nice to have a few hints of fall days in the midst of our still warmer weather. Our students are involved in learning activities that are engaging and challenging from measuring objects with nonstandard units (feet), to shaving cream letter practice to planting their gardens, solving problems, working in groups, & fun with science! KINDNESS is also spreading across the campus through the actions of the mysterious Kindness Ninjas, the reading & study of Wonder, and a true focus on this trait in all classrooms! Congratulations to Mrs. Solis’ class, a certified Kindness classroom, on being chosen for a special preview viewing of the new movie Wonder. We are super proud!
Have you seen our birthday wall? Special thanks to Mina Oskoui & her team for taking over this wonderful “labor of love”!
- We have a special opportunity tomorrow for an overhead picture of all of our Stallions. Mrs. Balakrishnan is currently being filmed by the National Education Association for their Grand Gala in Washington DC in February. (She is a finalist for the highly respected Horace Mann Award.) The filming crew has a drone and has volunteered to take our picture. (You might have seen the drone here today, but do not worry! They have permission from the FAA to be here.) Please have your students wear a Patsy Sommer shirt tomorrow if they have one or school colors will work as well. If you do not want your child to be a part of the picture, please send a quick email to your child’s teacher before school tomorrow.
- Thank you for supporting our new traffic pattern and driving carefully to keep our students safe.
- The front entrance from Avery Ranch is closed to all traffic in both the mornings & afternoons.
- PLEASE drive slowly through the front drive past the buses. Speed limit is 5 mph.
- NO cell phone or electronic use!
- See more very important announcements such as the Bright Bytes Technology Survey, Materials needed for the Innovation Station, Birthday books, Field Day, and Boxtops for Education. Announcements Link: https://goo.gl/YbwQNW
Special Support for a Neighboring School:
Anderson Mill Elementary is in need of our support. They do not have a large budget due to their small amount of students, have limited parent financial support, and received only a very small Title I budget this year. On Tuesday, Oct. 10, they are having a Chipotle Fundraiser at the Lakeline location (by Kohl’s) from 10:45-4:00. Their school will get 50% of the proceeds when you tell them you are there for Anderson Mill. If you’re hungry & in need of lunch on Tuesday…..
- October 6 (4-10) & October 7 (9-6) Chalk Walk in Downtown Round Rock (Centennial Plaza)-Fun festival featuring booths, food, entertainment, and RRISD art students creating original art on the streets & sidewalks
- October 9-Parent Conferences/Student Holiday
- October 10-Student Holiday
- October 12-Steve Swinburne writing workshop for 4th grade
- October 13-7:35 Friday Assembly 3rd-5th Grades
- October 14-Diwali private community event in the school cafeteria
- October 14 (4-7) Trunk or Treat at the Texas State RR Campus sponsored by the PIE Foundation & RRISD Police Dept.
- October 16-Last day to complete Bright Bytes survey. Survey Link: https://bbyt.es/start/
- October 17-Chris Barton Author visit for 2nd & 3rd grades
- October 19-27-BOOK FAIR!!
- October 27-Book Fair open late & PTA MOVIE NIGHT!! featuring “Moana & Sing”
- October 23-27-Red Ribbon Week
- November 2-5:45-TAG Referral Parent Meeting
- November 3-Join us for “a new CandyLand”-Passport to Sommer from 5:30-8:30…It’s kind of like a “mini-Epcot” & will prove to be LOTS of Fun!
Congratulations! Got celebrations to share, just email me!
Advay Tirumala tied for third in the K-3 U800 category at last weekend’s tournament at Meridian Middle School. Way to Go!
Have a Great weekend!!