Friday is an exciting day! We celebrate our 3rd-5th graders with their last Key Stallion Friday assembly and then in the evening is our PTA carnival! Please come & enjoy this super fun community event! We also ask that parents sign up to volunteer for an hour shift. We have many activities that need your help! If we fill all of our shifts, then all parents can spend some fun time with their families. The classes with the most volunteers will receive an extra recess provided by our administration and recognition on our marquis and at our EOY student assembly! PLEASE sign up to help with this great event!
News from PTA:
Check out the latest important news! Enews 24 April 1, 2019.pdf
The Silent Auction ends this Thursday, April 4th at 8pm. Check it out to win teacher and staff items, Tab N Shift bags, Kendra Scott jewelry, a Springfree 13-foot trampoline, gift cards from Menchie’s, Alamo Drafthouse, Lakeline Nails, P. Terry’s, and much more. The link to bid is www.32auctions.com/PSE2019. You don’t want to miss it! (Look under “Office” for fun activities from Mr. Molina, Mrs. Wafford & Mrs. Varljen as well as lots of teacher-led activities you don’t want to miss!
Career Day is Coming…Can you Help?
We are in the process of finding speakers for this day and are asking for your assistance. Career Day becomes an even more exciting experience for our students when members of their own family and community speak to our classes. We are looking for a variety of careers: mechanics, managers, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. Each speaker will do several presentations that will last approximately 15 minutes, to share information about his/her occupation and hold a question and answer period. Speakers are encouraged to speak to more than one grade level. Watch for information in future enews & from your teachers!
Upcoming Dates: (Subject to Updates!!)
- Friday, April 5 7:40: Friday Assembly Grades 3-5
- Friday, April 5 10:45: 1st Grade PBL: Historical Figures
- Friday, April 5 4:30-7:30 PTA Carnival!!
- Tuesday, April 9 STAAR 5th Grade Math, 4th Grade Writing
- Wednesday, April 10 STAAR 5th Grade Reading
- Friday, April 12 7:40 AM: Friday Assembly Grades K-2
- Friday, April 12 7:00 PM: PTA Movie Night
- Saturday, April 13 Cedar Ridge High School: RRISD Celebration of Families: Come support the district’s Empty Bowls Fundraiser, our art students and Stallion Choir!
- Thursday, April 18: PTA Sponsored Assemblies: Dinosaur George!
- Friday, April 19: School Holiday
- April 22-26: Staff Appreciation Week & StuCo Sponsored Kindness Week
- April 25, 26: Junie B Jones by the Stallion Choir
- April 27: RRISD Job Fair
- April 29: 5th Grade to Reunion Ranch
- May 2: Career Day
- May 3 7:40: EOY All School Student Only Assembly
- May 3 9:45: McNeil & RRHS Senior Walk!!
- May 9 : SAVE the DATE: Sommer Volunteer Luncheon!
- May 13-May 15: STAAR Tests 3rd-5th Grades
- May 16: Kindergarten Awards Ceremony & PBL
- May 20: Awards Ceremonies: Grades 1-4
- May 21 8:30: 5th Grade Celebration
- May 22: EOY Parties sponsored by PTA
- May 23 8:30: 5th Grade Flugtag!
- May 23: Last Day of School!
Food Drive for Empty Bowls Festival:
Ambassador Club Food Drive for Empty Bowls!
Round Rock Serving Center needs your help in our school food drive! This food drive is part of the Empty Bowl festival. We will be collecting food and other items through April 10th. We are hoping to collect over 1000 items this year!! There will be a collection bin outside the office.
Most Needed Items to Collect :
Canned vegetables ~ corn and green beans are the most popular, Canned fruit, Canned soup, Top Ramen, Peanut Butter, Macaroni and cheese, Canned meat and tuna, Pasta ~ spaghetti, macaroni, Rice and pinto beans, Cereal, Toilet paper, Diapers
- Congratulations to our K-1 Math Pentathlon Students! We had 23 Kinder and 48 1st Graders participate at the Division 1 tournament at three different locations this past Saturday. Summary: Kinder: 10/23 Special Awards- 1 Gold Hall of Fame, 3 Silver, 1 Bronze and 5 Honorable Mentions; 1st Grade: 29/48 Special Awards-6 Gold Hall of Fame, 1 Gold, 4 Silver, 6 Bronze and 12 Honorable Mentions. See attached for full results: Division 1 Math Pentathlon Results_.pdf Congratulations to all of our Students!!
- Congratulations to all of our students who attended the Texas DI State Tournament! The Magicians of the Mind and Oooh, Pizza! teams were previously recognized for advancing to the Global Finals Tournament in Kansas City, MO in May. Varun Murugan, 4th grader on the Magicians of the Mind team’s name was spelled incorrectly. Please see attached for the results of all 7 of our teams. We are so proud of all of them for their hard work & accomplishments! DI State Teams